Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Handmade Goodness!

Sorry I have been MIA blogosphere, but I have been super busy with work and home improvement projects as well as lots of fun socializing. I don’t have time to post much this week either with the impending visit from out of town family this weekend but I thought I would do a quick post on my new obsession, Etsy. Etsy is “your place to buy and sell things handmade.”

There are so many amazing independent artists, designers, and crafters selling their wares on this site. Etsy is basically a really hip online craft fair and flea market. And most of the items are completely affordable. This is going to be my go to site for hard to find items, hard to shop for people, specialty items, costumes etc.

Here are a few designs I am digging on today:

Otack - makes handmade handbags this clutch is only $54. It reminds me of Kate Spade but better. I love the pretty lining of the bag as well. It really shows that some pride was put into the design of these bags.

I am also a total freak about giving the perfect gift for Christmas, Birthdays, Weddings etc. I am always on the lookout for good gift Ideas. Etsy has my mind reeling with ideas for various birthday gifts right now.

For your favorite vinyl loving professional, hobby, or closet DJ who has to work for the "man" Monday -Friday you could get one of these adorable ties from Lithium Independent for only $17.99:

   
I am totally in love with this art from
Perhaps. An 8x10 print is only $15. So adorable.
In the need for some fun costumes stuff? Going to a Rave? Burning Man? Etsy is you place.
Look at the cute tulle skirts, corset tops and accessories that MTcoffinz has to offer:


If you like the tulle skirt from Mtcoffins you will love the tutu's sold by
Falling Angel Goth Togs. All the skirts cost about $60 and they will custom make it
for your size!



Oh there is So much more to be had on Etsy too. Wedding accessories, jewelry galore, art, toys. I guarantee this will not be my last post on this subject. But I have to get back to work now! Blog ya later!




No comments: